Meeting began at 7:00 PM
In attendance were:
- Un Kyong Ho
- Versha Shah
- Heather McConnell
- Chrystele Baden Desouza
- Shilpa Gupta
- Marisol Perez
- Judy Reiter
- Amy Terlecki
- Kusuma Muglurmath
- Michelle Iwachiw
Call to order
Update from Principal Gibson
Expect a letter and video middle of the week which will further explain the return to school for those that chose hybrid
Update from President: Un Kyong Ho
- New board members welcome! Colleen Barth (Box Tops Coordinator), Shilpa Gupta (VP Socials), Marisol Perez (Welcome Cmte)
- Shilpa Gupta: Worked with Heather McConnell in elementary school. Love to add value to VFMS PTO.
- Marisol Perez: Worked as chair for Cultural Arts at New Eagle elementary school. A member of TESD Diversity Cmte and Conestoga Welcome Cmte.
- T&E outreach will accept 10-15 Turkey donations for Thanksgiving donations.
- Mr. Gibson has approved the Salon series and is in sync with it.
- I really would love this for middle school children.
- Budget for the Salon series is $500-$1100 a year.
- Board Votes on Salon series budget: All 8 members voted in favor.
- TEMS PTO president is interested in collaborating with Salon series efforts.
- Heather: We could host it on Microsoft TEAMS.
- Versha: We could let 250 people in and webinars can be available to all families.
- Marisol: We can also offer this to the broader community and seek donation. With many families homeschooling, there might be demand to watch the webinar.
- The board voted in favor of biweekly meetings on Tuesday 7 PM until the end of the year
- Created an Instagram account for VFMS PTO. Should it be moved to directory for tracking the account activity?
- We need a separate person who has some bandwidth to shoulder social media coordination. Looking for a volunteer as VP Social Media coordinator under communications dept.
Update from Fundraising: Versha Shah & Heather McConnell
- We should run non-profit ads free limit one week.
- For profit ads for a price, minimum run for two weeks
- Listers must provide at least two weeks adv. notice for lengthy ads
- We include links for digital ads.
- Tri Eagles Fly:
- Overwhelming response. Over 262 students and 5 staff members are participating in the marathon.
- T-shirts and Medals distribution plan coming up.
- Spirit wear:
- We are planning to add provision for families to sponsor students whose families are facing financial difficulties.
- It takes two weeks for the orders to come in.
- Heather: Have a call to discuss holiday gift cards.
- Michelle: We could arrange for parents to buy their gift cards through
- PTO Scripps`
- Gift cards could go directly from online or could be delivered to families.
- Un Kyong: It would be beneficial to post a video that shows families how this can be accomplished.
- LaCabra fundraiser:
- The restaurant will sell beer from La Cabra and prepared food from their other branch – Bodega.
- Offering family-style packages that can be ordered.
- Food pickup will be at Valley Forge MS.
Update from Cultural Arts – Amy Terlecki
- Called Authors and Librarians to find availability and arrange for spring talks.
- Author Jerry Craft is in focus for author visits this year.
Update from Communications – Judy Reiter & Un Kyong Ho
- Judy: Would like to have all in one place on the website.
- Un Kyong: Moved to a lower plan ($899) for website maintenance.
- Previously, we were paying for all the services and we did not utilize what came with the plan.
- Judy: Please send website updates by Friday. I update the website on weekends.
- Vote for website revamp: All votes in favor.
- Un Kyong: I ask everyone to be respectful of each other’s time and boundaries. We recognize that everyone is doing their best.
Update from Treasury (Danyll Lockett & Michelle Iwachiw): Un Kyong Ho
- As of morning Oct 2nd:
- Direct Parent Donations = $3,427 (goal $8,000)
- Directory Sales = $2,236 (goal = $3,000)
- Stickers / Magnets = $303
- Misc Fundraisers (Amazon Smile, Box Tops, 2020 Graduation Signs) = $235
- Fly Eagles Tri – Intake less Paypal Expenses = $3,809.03
- Total Income = $6,901 (including interest, excluding Fly Eagles Tri)
- Total YTD Expenses = $2,305 (excluding Fly Eagles Tri)
Update from Golden Apple Grants (Tereza Keohane): Un Kyong Ho
- There are no new applications for Golden Apple Grant
Update Socials and Volunteers – Chrystele Baden Desouza
- School needs to support the Welcome Committee
- What is the platform for virtual coffee/meet up?
- Google Hangout/Teams?
- Un Kyong will ask Mike S. what to use
- Virtual meet ups per grade
- Does this come from school (the HS uses teams)
- Photo contest for Halloween, budget of $40 for prizes
- Should we use Google Photos for Costume submissions? Do we include pets/decorations?
- Add PTO information to welcome packet
- What is in the blast currently?
- Dial back on the direct donations ask
- PTO blasts used to be MailChimp
- People don’t understand directory (tie into Welcome Committee packet)
- Add website to blast
- Create email about hybrid roll out
The meeting ended at 9:30 PM
Next meeting scheduled for Oct 20th 7:00 PM