Meeting commenced at 7:00 PM
In attendance were:
- Un Kyong Ho
- Heather McConnell
- Chrystele Baden Desouza
- Judy Reiter
- Amy Terlecki
- Kusuma Muglurmath
- Michelle Iwachiw
- Megan Edwards
- Kym Costanzo
Call to order
T&E Care report – Amanda Ivory via Un Kyong Ho
- Annual holiday drive begins Dec1.
- VFMS is collecting blankets, Walmart/Target gift cards in sealed envelopes.
- Venmo donations are also accepted this year.
- Please visit tecare.org frequently as it is updated often.
Communications report – Judy Reiter
Kym Costanzo (PTO website)
- Kym explained many ways that she can help with the PTO website-such as activity additions.
- Kym offered board members assistance in navigating systems she has built for the PTO.
- She also presented to the board, different plans that she offers and explained how they work.
- The board compared two methods of payments for receiving funds on the website.
President’s report – Un Kyong Ho
- Created an Instagram account for VFMS PTO.
- Each Committee can put their announcements on the PTO Instagram/Facebook page.
- One board member per grade can take up posting info on social media.
- Please use tinyurl to shorten your links before posting.
- VFMS PTO looking for a new assistant treasurer.
- Thanks to Danyll Lockett for her time and service to VFMS PTO.
- Sweet Jazmines has not been able to make a decision regarding fundraising opportunities.
- The board explored other places and times for possible options, including Valentine’s Day fundraising.
- Presented the TREX recycling program to the board as a possible project for student organizations at school.
Cultural Events report – Amy Terlecki
- Continued to work with teachers to organize author visits.
Treasury report – Michelle Iwachiw
- Some Direct donations have arrived which will be deposited.
Fundraising report – Heather McConnell
- Organized pick up events for Marathon T-shirts/Medals.
Parents Social report – Chrystele Baden Desouza
- The Halloween photo contest has been served.
- Contestants have been selected and awarded.
- Working to set up a virtual grade level meeting with Dr. Rothera and parents so that parents can ask questions regarding activities.
Meeting concluded at 8:30 PM