Dear Valley Forge Middle School Parents:
We hope that you are safe, healthy and adjusting to this new virtual learning environment! During these unique and challenging times, the VFMS PTO hopes for your continued support to help fund important development and enrichment programs for our children. They are more necessary that ever. While school may not be in person just yet, we are continuing to work with Mr. Gibson and the teachers to identify ways to adapt our programs to meet the needs of Distance/Hybrid Learning.
Historically, we have relied on Direct Parent Donations and Matching Gifts from employers as a major source of funding. In past years, you have contributed more than $20,000 through this program! Please note that your contributions are 100% tax deductible (VFMS PTO is a 501c3 organization).
The following programs are only possible with your support:
- Cultural Arts Program and Author Visits/Talks: The VFMS PTO funds 90% of the cultural arts expenses each year. We sponsor assemblies for each grade and author visits to benefit the entire school population. While we are not in school just yet, we are working on robust and creative cultural arts programs that can be delivered virtually this year.
- Golden Apple Grants: These grants support teacher and student initiatives and enrich the educational experience at VFMS. In past years, we have funded I-pads to assist the teachers with remote learning lessons, new virtual reality classroom programs, Apple TVs to enhance instruction, LifePrint cameras for the Library, and books, games for the classrooms.
- VFMS Needs: We work closely with Mr. Gibson and the staff to fund requests for student programs, and to improve the building facilities. Some recent examples include new library furniture and a Tower Garden. For the past few years, we have been working to raise money to fund much needed technology upgrades for the Audion and Auditorium.
To support our school and its programming, please consider making a donation today. You can contribute online at: https://vfmspto.membershiptoolkit.com/ or you may mail your donation along with this form to the school. A special thanks to all of the parents who have already made your donations! We’ve already raised close to $2,000!
As mentioned, we are a 501c3 organization and are eligible for most employer’s matching gifts programs. Company matching gifts are an excellent way to maximize contributions to the VFMS PTO. In fact, depending on the company, employer matching gifts can double or even triple the original donor’s gift! We have complied a list of participating employers in the area, many of whom have supported the PTO in the past, that offer matching gifts. This list can be found on our website as well as at the end of this letter. Any matching gift documentation that needs to be completed can be sent to the school to the attention of the Assistant Treasurer or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For those of you who shop on Amazon, consider designating Valley Forge Middle School PTO as your Amazon Smile charity for donations. Here is a link for your convenience: https://smile.amazon.com/ Finally, Box Tops aren’t just for elementary school! We still collect them too! With every trip to the food store, hold your receipt and scan it into the Box Tops app. Invite your extended family, friends and virtual learning pod to support VFMS when they shop, too!
Company Matching Donations
Company matching donations are an excellent way to maximize contributions to the VFMS PTO. In fact, depending on the company, employer-matching gifts can double or even triple the original donor’s gift. You will find a partial list of companies with matching programs below. However, it is always best to check with your Human Resources department for specific information on whether they have a matching program and how to request a matching donation.
The VFMS PTO is grateful to the businesses and their employees who choose to support education. Thank you for your support!
- Bank of America Matching Gift Program
- CVS Employee Volunteer Program Grants – Volunteer Challenge Grants are awarded on behalf of individuals who volunteer 15, 25 or 100 or more hours of service, to teams that volunteer more than 50 hours of service. https://cvshealth.com/sites/default/files/cvs-health-foundation-volunteer-challenge-grant-guidelines-2020.pdf
- GSK Employee Volunteer Program (www.easymatch.com/gsk)
- Merck Matching Gift Program
- Pfizer Matching Gift Program/Pfizer Foundation Volunteer Program:
- Johnson and Johnson
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
In closing, we plan to offer a special spin on our annual Spirt Wear sale, revamp our restaurant fundraiser program and launch a virtual half marathon. Our hope is that the marathon will bring in some revenue, get us all moving, and bring our school community closer together when cannot be together physically. Please keep your eye out for news about this fun, new endeavor and let’s go VFMS Eagles!
Thank you for your continued support! We wish you and your family a happy, healthy school year.
The Valley Forge Middle School PTO Board
Un Kyong Ho – President
Chrystele Baden – VP Social
Kusuma Muglurmath – Secretary
Amy Terlecki – VP Cultural Arts
Danyll Lockett – Treasurer
Megan Edwards – VP Cultural Arts
Michelle Iwachiw – Assistant Treasurer
Tereza Keohane- Golden Apple Grants
Stephanie Crill – Directory Admin
Dr. Tracy Simpson – VP Communications
Judy Reiter – VP Communications
Versha Shah – VP Fundraising
Heather McConnell – VP Fundraising
Jackie Thomaszewski – Email Blast