Do you know what a Golden Apple Grant is? Ever heard of them? Well, here is your chance to find out! The Valley Forge Middle School PTO has created a fund to support outstanding and innovative programs, ideas and/or purchases which will enrich the educational experience at VFMS. The standard Golden Apple Grant is between $200 and $500 and typically up to 10 grants will be made available during each school year.
Do you have an idea we can support? Any member of the VFMS community is welcome to apply including teachers, staff, administrators, parents and of course students. The PTO Board will review submitted applications and grant recipients will be notified and receive funds on a ‘first come, first served’ basis until all budgeted funds have been allocated.
You can submit an application one of two ways:
- Online: please click on the apple link on this page and complete the online form.
- Hard copy: please print the application form then complete it and email it to the Golden Apple Coordinator with a cc to PTO President.
Questions? Please contact us with any questions.
Golden Apple Grant Guidelines
- Applicants should be in good standing in the VFMS community.
- Completed application forms should be emailed as an attachment to PTO President.
- Golden Apple Grant applications will be reviewed as received by the PTO executive board.
- Applicants will be notified of the approval/denial within two weeks of committee review. Funds will be distributed at that time.
- A record of all applications will be kept with the VFMS PTO.
- There is a $500 limit per Golden Apple Grant. Grants in excess of $500 will be reviewed on a case by case basis and may require further information.
- Golden Apple Grants will be approved and distributed on a first-come/first served basis. Any requests for additional money above and beyond the standard grant of $500 will be distributed at the board’s discretion.
- Applicants must itemize costs and turn in all receipts for what has been purchased.