VFMS PTO Board Meeting Notes
November 13, 2017
Call to Order
- The meeting began at 12pm. In attendance were Ankur Kashyap, Jennifer Newhall, Stacey Pellegrini, Natalie Sudall, Tarin Cataldo, Tereza Keohane. Dalia Osman, Jo Novelli, Tracy Simpson, Bernie Logan
- The next PTO meeting will be held on December 11th, at 12:00 pm in the conference room adjacent to the library.
- The minutes from the October PTO meeting were reviewed and approved.
Update for Matt Gibson given by:
- November 20th is the 7th Grade Friends and Fun Day. Students from the CDC come to VFMS for activities with the students.
- Winter Concerts will be the first 2 weeks in the December.
- Winter Dance will be held on December 8th.
- Speaker Matt Bellace author of “A Better High” will speaking to the 8th grade students on November 29th regarding substance abuse.
- Arch will be hosting a “Youth Mental Health First Aid Training” for parents on December 4th and 11th. See Attached Flyer.
- Parent/Teacher conference sign-ups and progress reports notifications will be sent on 10/20. The window to sign-up for conferences will be from 11/1 – 11/15.
Update from VP Fundraising:
- The Spirit Wear store hosted by Wayne Sporting Goods. It was opened for a limited time with the goal of delivering orders before the holidays.
- Barnes and Noble Fall Book Fair was held on November 11th and 12th and will continue into the week.
- We are working to organize a fundraising shopping day at
Update from VP Social:
- Specific grade meet and greet coffees are not needed this year with the exception of 8th grade.
Update from Cultural Arts:
- The a capella group “Ball in the House” is performing today (11/13) to all student at VFMS.
Update from Treasurer:
- The reports were presented: Misc. Fundraisers, Main Fundraisers, Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Budget vs. Actual.
- The 2017-18 budget was discussed with additional discussions need at the next full board meeting.
- Tarin Cataoldo presented a Golden Apple Grant request from Mrs. Settle for an Apple TV and HDMI cable. The request was discussed by the board and approved via a vote.
- The board discussed a gift of $1,500 to fund new furniture for the VFMS library.
- The board agreed to forego the teacher and staff gifts this year.
- A Jo Novelli from VFES presented the idea of a “Fun Run” for VFMS and potentially partnering with the VFES. The week after Mother’s Day is the optimal time for this event, due to the volume of other school events during the Spring. The idea was discussed and will be addressed again.
- An update from the ISC meeting was provided to the Board:
- The 2018-19 calendar will be voted on at the next full board meeting
- Starting in 2018 all report cards will be posted online for grades 5-12 for marking periods 1-3, marking period 4 will be sent home via US mail.
- World Language program scope and sequencing of language curriculum is under review.
- The open board positions will be posted on the PTO website and announced on the weekly blast.
- A request was made to make sure the rolling list of donations on the PTO website is updated to help parents remember whether or not they have donated to the direct donation campaign.
- The meeting was adjourned at 1:45pm