VFMS PTO Board Meeting Minutes
November 5, 2018
Call to Order:
– The meeting began at 12:08 pm.
– In attendance were: Amanda Ivory, Bernie Logan, Tereza Keohane, Qingfen (Jennifer) Zhang, Ann Zhang, Bingxin (Serena) Lin, and Tarin Cataldo.
– Minutes from 9/11/18 and 10/8/18 were approved.
Update from President (Tereza Keohane):
– Choolah fundraiser today
– Book Fair tentatively scheduled for all day 12/6 at Devon Barnes & Noble (will be provided w/ code to use at any other location and on-line); will display VFMS artwork and singers will perform
– 5th Grade Math Night on 11/14
– Jackie will be assisting/taking over from Jamie as VP Cultural Arts
– Direct donation letter will be sent via email; deciding whether to follow-up with hard copies (approx. cost of $450); last year, $30,000 was donated
Update from T&E Care Reps (Amanda Ivory & Bernie Logan):
– T&E Care helps students and families w/in T/E with short-term financial and other needs
– Holiday drive for new mittens, gloves, scarfs, hats (all sizes) – 11/8 to 11/30; collection bins by library; will be distributed as part of holiday drive
Update from Golden Apple Grant Coordinator (Tarin Cataldo):
– No new grant requests since last meeting
– Online form is working properly; email will be sent to teachers and staff reminding them of program
Next Meeting & Adjournment:
– Next meeting will be 12/3.
– The meeting was adjourned at 1:28 pm.