Dear Fellow Valley Forge Middle School Parents.
VFMS NEEDS OUR HELP. VFMS PTO is reaching out to each parent with a goal of enabling VFMS to meet its needs. Your direct donations go a long way in supporting and enriching existing programs as well as the early adoption of new programs for our children. We as parents need to raise $40,000 this year to enable the school to create a difference for our children. Your contributions are 100% tax deductible (VFMS PTO is a 501c(3) organization).
We had tremendous support from the parents last year and raised $27,500 through the direct donations program. We were able to fund new technology purchases (iPads), environment friendly and re-usable water fountains, cultural arts programs including assemblies and author visits. We have worked with Mr.Gibson and his wonderful staff to identify specific needs for the school that need your support.
We are committed to funding these initiatives and programs and none of this is possible without your support.
- Virtual Reality (VR) Kits for Classrooms: VFMS is working hard to develop new age digital learning mechanism for our children. Programs like science and social studies will greatly benefit from this initiative. The cost of setting up one classroom for this learning environment is ~$10,000. We have committed to sponsor two classrooms.
- Cultural programs: The VFMS PTO funds all cultural programs at VFMS including author visits and assemblies (Kit’s interactive theater, Renaissance Man etc.). We have had tremendous success in the past year and now need to increase funding for this program. This is a critical program which ensures our children get a well-rounded experience. We are looking to raise the funding to $12,000 this year.
- 3D Printer: The school needs a new 3D printer to meet the needs of our children. The cost of a new 3D new printer is in the range of $2,000-$3,000.
- Golden Apple Grants: VFMS needs to fund specific teacher requests for electronic aides and class specific tools, we have earmarked $3,000 for this initiative.
- Library Furniture: VFMS needs to replace the existing furniture and the cost is expected to be $1,500 for this replacement
Let’s ensure our children get the best enrichment and a classroom learning experience which equips them with the skills to thrive.
We will have a dashboard on the PTO website tracking the donations against our goal and will provide you with updates on the PTO blast as well. The direct donations program is our only reach out to you to raise money for the school.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
VP Socials & Volunteers
Exec VP Communications
|Jamie Lynch and Emily Brunner
VP Cultural Arts